Destination Out : New markets Expanding Business into America, Asia, Africa, Middle East & Europe
May has been a busy month for visiting new international markets on behalf of our members and clients .
Cote D’Ivoire 6-9 May
Representing member clients and partners I visited Abidjan 6-10 may to meet with the Ministers of Commerce, Infrastructure , Construction as well as Mayors and the Governor of the District. We discussed and progressed several specific projects related to Housing, infrastructure, construction,medical and education projects on behalf of engaged WTC Clubs clients.
I had the great opportunity to attend the Grand Re-Opening of the UK Embassy in Abidjan at the personal invite of the Ambassador Claude Bouah-Kamon and his UK team. As part of the re-opening the Foreign Office Minister and Sir Henry Bellingham led a 15 strong UK business delegation that met with senior officials and all the Key Ministers. Wow was it hot, travelling to all the sites, I thought I would melt !! (Message to self – Malaria tablets just do not agree with me!)
Returning only last week, Ann accompanied with two clients progressed a large commodity project and found a wealth of opportunities and need for our UK business partners in discussion with the Ministers, so much so they go back next week! (This time its their turn with the malaria tablets !)We will keep you posted on the opportunities in trade commodities, construction, infrastructure and related (and side effects of malaria tablets – if any).
WTC Singapore and Hong Kong
Our introduction for one wealth and fund management member resulted in the successful purchase of a company in Singapore!!
AMERICA : VIRGINIA, GREATER RICHMOND:
Meet the President of the Greater Richmond Inward Investment Group visiting London on June 13th. Gregg will discuss the personal free service available to all business wishing to consider setting up in Virginia, Richmond. Incentives, tax benefits and introduce you to potential customers and suppliers
FUTURALLIA 2012 LILLE
Over 8000 meetingswith 600 business in 3 days. In its 17th year in Lille. Futurallia track record in developing business is phenomenal within international trade matchmaking. Only 2 hours by train you can arrange 12 appointments a day with business you wish to meet.
VC4Africa – June 22nd 6-9 at Blackfriars. Investors and new business emerging from or expanding into Africa
World Trade Center Hull & Humber
They are hosting a multi sector trade mission to China and Poland; so please do contact them if you wish to participate or find out more.
Destination In : Expanding into London
World Trade Center Montana
The team visited London this week with 6 business members who had introductory and follow up meetings to progress business development with partners and customers here in London. We discussed a wealth of opportunity for our partners, members and clients in commodities i.e.Coal, wheat,silver, platinum to name a few as well as technology and infrastructure.
World Trade Center Dulles (Washington)
We have an exciting programme on technology companies which will include WTC Las Vegas
For further information or to inquire on how the World Trade Centers can help you grow your business contact one of our team; You are welcome to meet us at our offices at 200 Aldersgate, EC1A 4HD in City of London. Call us and make an appointment so we can be sure to meet you.
We have a smashing coffee and restaurant bar Caffe 200 and a “wow” business lounge if you are thinking of having meetings in the city, with a choice of 3 others in Marylebone, Greenwich and Grace Church. Our team is Aurelien Payne, Ann , John Rawlings, Rita Spada – call us on 0204 404290
What Can the World Trade Center Do for your Business?
- access 750000 businesses across the globe through our 330 strong family of World Trade Centers
- serviced and virtual offices in over 200 prime destinations
- insight, expertise and practical support on how to grow your business worldwide
- knowledge from leading universities, institutions and experts
- state of the art meeting and conference centresOver 330 World Trade Centers in 98 countries represent a global membership network of the World Trade Center Association. A non-profit membership organisation established in 1969 to promote international business relationships. They serve to advantage businesses in conducting profitable international trade, enable communication among related businesses and build a supportive network, all as a means of bringing value to the city. As iconic or prominent landmarks they are the gathering place for businesses, agencies and players for the promotion of international commerce; they provide a convenient and premier international business address for business and tenants to use or occupy as they expand operations in new markets. The newly established World Trade & Commerce Club London provides a business and social forum with services that opens doors and builds trade connections and opportunities with internationally based business parties and the UK region (London, Southampton, Milton Keynes, Hull and Humber). It provides visiting business and potential tenants with a prominent office address and through its trade services it facilitates a peer to peer network with companies, trade organisations and agencies to share best practices, build relationships, skills, knowledge and opportunities to increase international trade growth . www.worldtradecenterlondon.com ; www.wtcaonline.com ; join us at LinkedIn Groups World Trade Center Club London; www.facebook.com/wtccl; follow us on www.twitter.com/londonwtc